Monday, November 28, 2011

Gift Card Tag Card Holders Tutorial


I no longer buy lots of gifts for neices/nephews as they are all getting older, so I get them gift cards from places I know they love and give them at Xmas. I was making some of these gift card holders to hang on my tree the other day and thought...hmm maybe others would like to make some too so I have done up a quick tutorial for you all.

I hope it makes sense and you take some inspiration from it.

First up you will need a piece of cardstock 12 inches x 4 1/2 inches (30cms x 11.5 cms.)
Score this at 5 inches (13cms) and fold in half.
You will then need to cut this into a tag shape.  I do this by measuring down 2 inches (5cms) down the sides and in 1 inch (2.5cms) across the top, drawing a line then cutting off the corners, and cutting through both layers. Hopefully the picture below makes it more clearer.


Now you can decoarte the front and the insides with paper of your choice.  You can do the whole front but for now just paper on the inside.

For the inside I like to create a writing panel so I can put a little note on it to the recipient wishing them a Merry Christmas. On this example I did this on the back of the front panel.


Now you need to create a pocket or something to hold the giftcard on the inside so it doesnt get lost.
I normally do this by cutting a piece of cardstock 4 1/2 inches x 3inches (11.5cms x 8cms).  Glue across the sides and bottom only and stick to the inside back flap and decorate.  You gift card then slides in this bit!

Now to hold it shut you will need to create some kind of catch to keep it closed.
On this card I did this by stamping out a small sentiment and creating a small rectangle with it.
I then just glued down the top of it making sure the bottom covers the front flap to keep it closed.

Now you just need to punch a hole and thread some ribbon through to hang from your tree.


and another one I did along the same lines but used a sentiment in a circle shape to keep it closed.
Just use your imagination!!!


Stamps I have used are Magnolia and Whimsy stamps available from Bizzy Bec's.
Images are coloured with Copics also available from Bizzy Bec's.
Ribbon, Lace and papers also available from bizzy Bec's wonderful shop!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Super project will def give this a go.
Elaine

Cheryl said...

These are gorgeous Leonie, will have to give this a go. tfs.
Hugs Cheryl

Unknown said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing:)
I've got the Tilda Rubber stamp in the mail today, thank you very much;)
This will be the finest gift in the Christmas calendar for my girl:)
Looking forward to see her open it:)

Have a great day!

Hugs Line

Kelly said...

Awesome tutorial! I will give it a go.
Hugs, Kelly xxx