Sunday, February 27, 2011

Making a Twisted Easel Card

This is part two of my tutorial.

Ok now that you have created and coloured your image you can now make a card with it.
Please note I have made a square card but it works also for rectangle cards.

I first made the front of my card on a 6x6inch or 15x15cm piece of cardstock.

Now onto the easel part of my card.
i took a piece of cardstock 12x6 inches or 30 x 15cms and folded it in half to make my card base.
You then need to open it up and taking the bottom left corner of what will be the front of your card, valley fold up til it meets the top middle. (I hope this makes sense...lol)

Crease really well then unfold


Now fold the card back in half and put glue onto the bottom triangle to affix the front of your card.
(make sure the design of the front is facing the right way...he he he speaking from experience!!)

Now you just need to decorate the inside of your card, creating a 'stop' for the front of your card to rest against when open.




And my finished card. 

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

MAgnolia images, doohickey dies (fence and tag), Spellbinder dies (corner treament), roses, leaves, flower fillers, mini cherry blossoms, decorative pins, and copics used to colour are all availble from bizzy bec's.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Great tutorial! And a great card! Thanks for sharing this.

loz said...

Fanatstic card and colouring..Thanks for the tutorial..Loz

Chrissy said...

I just found this tutorial and had a play and I did it....with scrap card first....and it worked...and you say..Of course it did.Thanks for the tutorial, I followed it perfectly.
Love YOUR card it is sooo beautiful, the colouring perfect.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Tracey Manderson said...

Wow, thanks for sharing! This is explained so easy!!!