Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Layering dies - Memory Box Glowing Candles Die

Hi again everyone - Shaz here, with another tutorial!
This time on layering dies. You can find more details on my blog here.
I bought this die  some time ago - Memory Box Glowing Candles (available Bec has it at a really great price over here!). Saw a great card with it - here,and this one has a video if you want to watch it!

Cut three different shades of cardstock, gold, red and green. Added double sided tape on the back of card first.
Remove the tape layers with pricking tool, remove the die pieces you want in other colours on the top - gold layer first, as shown.
Added red to candles centres and centre of the flame which is also red.
Removed the gold leaves, adding the green on top.
Cut the top two colours of red and gold stems off the edges. Under the layers, adhere the green so it shows green stems. Add red bling for holly berries.
Stamp is from Our Daily Bread "Joy to the world" stamp set (ODB stamps are available from Bizzy Bec's upon request). Gold embossed, added die cut centre from Spellbinder, inked lightly around edge in gold.
Spellbinder die, I bought from Bec, is cut in gold - 5 x 7 Heirloom Legacy, a gorgeous die and great size.
Thanks so much everyone for popping over and saying hi, hope you enjoyed this card, as much as I did! Think might try another colour-way!!
May God bless your day,
Shaz in Oz.x

4 comments:

Liz said...

A fabulous design! I love the colours you've used. Thanks for the tutorial. xx

Carol said...

Beautiful card Shaz,

You've outdone yourself. Crafty Hugs, Carol x

LesleyG said...

wow you have some patience! Thanks for showing how, it gives a lovely result, may have to try xxx

VickieW said...

This is super cute but I'm struggling how to make it work. I tried with the Sizzix glue layer sheet instead of two sided tape, but I can't get the entire piece to come out all together. I also tried putting 2 sided tape, but maybe I have it on the wrong side. How do you layer that? I had card stock then tape and then the die cut. Which way do I put the die cut, I put it cutting side down. I can't seem to get anything to work. Maybe I'm just dumb.