Friday, January 13, 2023

Brushstroke Flowers #2

Hi everyone Karen here.

Today is my turn to share my latest creation.

  For my card today, I have used some Distress Oxide Ink Pads, Tim Holtz 3D embossing folder and Tim Holtz Sizzix dies as my inspiration and have to say I am quite happy with the result.

Firstly,  I die cut the flowers & leaves from watercolour paper then put various colours of ink pad onto my craft sheet and spritzed them with water.  I then smooshed the flowers around in the ink until I was happy with look.  Oxide always drys a little lighter so I made sure it was a heavy application.   The process was then repeated with the leaves.  When they were dry I inked around the outside of the die cuts with Walnut Stain Distress Ink pad and then used my Foundry Wax for some gold highlights.

The embossed background was wiped over lightly with Kitsch Flamingo to create a pop of colour and then die cut to fit nicely on my card base.




Supplies used:

Sizzix Thinlits Tim Holtz - Brush Stroke Flowers #2

Tim Holtz 3d Texture Fades - Doily

(not listed but maybe available as preorder)

Sizzix Thinlits Tim Holtz - Stitched Rectangles

(not listed buy maybe available as pre order)

Sizzix Thinlits Tim Holtz - Celebrations Word Script

(this is an old one, but still maybe available)

Tim Holtz  Distress Oxides 

Ripe Persimmon,Rusty Hinge,Mustard Seed,Fossilized Amber,Wild Honey,Carved Pumpkin

Kitsch Flamingo, Old Paper,Crushed Olive,Peeled Paint

Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Walnut Stain

(similar results can be achieved using Distress Ink Pads)

Ranger Distress Foundry Wax - Gilded


Thanks for looking

We hope that you are able to join us  by sharing your creations for this month's Anything Goes Challenge - we love seeing what you create and be in the running to win our monthly prize.

Until next time - Happy Crafting




3 comments:

Lia said...

This is gorgeous!!
Lia xx

Chrissy said...

Just perfect Karen, I love this die and now I need to get it out again, love the colours and how you added them, fabulous technique and your card is just gorgeous, love it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen said...

Thank you Chrissy and Lia for your lovely comments. Karen x