Friday, December 10, 2021

Poinsettia Christmas....

Hi everyone.


Karen here, it is my turn today to share with you my latest creation.


I have had this Pointsettia 3D die in my stash for some time and I have finally got an opportunity to use it.  Although this is not currently listed in the store, I am sure if it is still available Bec would be able to order for you.  I have taken inspiration with the foil for my card from Google, but have used Silver instead of Gold to highlight the Pointsettia.. 

Before embossing I inked the inside of one side on the embossing folder with Distress Oxide in Crackling Campfire and Speckled Egg, spritzed it with water, then run my cardstock through my BigShot.  When dry I stamped around the edge of the cardstock using an older Stampers Anonymous Stamp called Fragments  (from my stash)  and Archival Stamp Pad in Hickory Smoke and also inked around the outside edge.  I then  painted the Pointsettia with Tim Holtz  Distress Resist Spray and ran it though my Mink Machine to set the Silver Foil.

Before mounting to my card base I run some Finnabair Alchemy Wax in Brushed Iron  around the black cardstock to co-ordinate with the foil.

Although it does show up very well, I have also stamped and embossed in silver at the bottom of the card. 



Supplies used:

Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fades Embossing Folder - Pointsettia 

(not in stock but can be ordered if available)

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Crackling Campfire & Speckled Egg

Finnabair Alchemy Waxes - Brushed Iron

 

Thanks for looking - until next time


Happy Crafting



        

1 comment:

Ina G said...

Wow Karen this is so striking and eyecatching. Love the colour combination and how it just all blends together beautifully. Love it.